Friday 18 March 2011

Smoked haddock

For a quick tea on Wednesday I poached some smoked haddock - well, I don't know if it was poached as such - I shoved it under the grill, so perhaps it was grilled. But it was in milk... Well, call it what you will, I still cooked it.

Here it is, all golden in its bath of milk and wine and nutmeg (and tons of butter, obviously).



I thickened my pan juices (Gosh, I sound like a right ponce) and put in way too much parsley. Then I wreathed my lovely haddock with broccoli (because I'm just so healthy, man,) and then very artistically smothered the whole lot in parsley sauce.



Yum. I ate it with toast. Heavily buttered, naturally.

It was good, though not all that filling. More toast is called for, I feel. And it would have been nice in a pasta bake, I should try that.

On a scale of one to yummy? About a 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment