Friday 4 March 2011

New pasta and prawns.

So the epic freezer-emptying continues! I have countless portions of prawns in there - no, that's not true. I've catalogued them, let's be honest with one another. I used two last night, so now I have one portion of little prawns and two portions of king prawns. So there.

Well, now that's off my chest, we can get on with what I actually ate. My friend Emily took me to this amazing health-food shop (you don't catch me saying that very often) and I found this beautiful pasta:


A similar one is in Kitchen (by Nigella Lawson) called calamari and she cooks it with squid. I'm going to try that some point soon; there's squid in my freezer as well as all those prawns. But last night I fancied prawns and tomato sauce, something my lovely dad used to cook for me. I'm aware that makes him sound like he's dead; he's not. Just clarifying. Anyway, I fried some celery, spring onion, and garlic in some garlic oil and butter, with some dried tarragon and fresh thyme. Then I sploshed in some white wine and passata and let it bubble away.



Anyway, I boiled up my new pasta in the Italian fashion. Well, I just cooked it. Y'know.

Shoved the prawns and some parsley in, served it up (to myself) and ate it. Yum.


The pasta was amazing. It was really sort of thick, but soft and tender. I'm not describing it very well, I know - just rest assured it was delicious. And the shape was fun to eat. It was like giant pasta-y Hula Hoops. Because that's what they are.

On a scale of one to yummy? 17. I'm having it for tea again in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment