Thursday 17 February 2011

A "Ready Meal"....

Okay, so I was sorting out my freezer yesterday - I know, right? Exciting or WHAT. It's ridiculous - I only have just over 5 weeks left at uni, and I have approximately 40 portions of food in my freezer. Anyhoo, I found a manky old ready meal and I got it out to eat.

It was not very promising-looking - in fact, it really just looked like I'd frozen my embroidery threads - but I shoved it in the microwave to defrost. It took forever - I honestly don't see the attraction of waiting for the microwave to ping when you could be making pasta or whizzing up some soup. Oh well.


It looked horrific when it came out - there was a massive puddle of water at the bottom and everything was covered in little brown blobs - I'm assuming the sauce had separated. Luckily, it smelled appetising so I gave it a hefty stir and shoved it in to actually warm up. Surprisingly enough, it thickened up and once I'd given it a bit of a prod, it looked rather like the picture on the front.

 

It was quite nice. No, I'm not mad - only quite. It was all a bit mushy, but one I'd suirted some soy sauce and lime juice on it, it was surprisingly edible. The duck was actually really tender and tasted fairly similar to duck.

I have to say, I did get this reduced and I don't think I'd pay four quid for it. But it filled the gap, hit the spot and what-have-you.

On a scale of one to yummy, about a 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment