Tuesday 1 February 2011

Beanscene

A belated post from when my dad visited.

My friend Emily mentioned her amazing milkshake at a place called Beanscene, so when we chanced upon it a week or so ago, I was more than happy to go in for lunch. It had a lovely cosy atmosphere and we sat by the window with a lovely view of the mist.

My dad wasn't very hungry so he just got a sandwich.

I say just; it was emmental, salami and pesto and looked a bit stingy filling-wise but was delicious and all the flavours went together really well.


I was starving (naturally) so I looked at the pizzas, but Emily had said they weren't very good. So I got a bowl of chili with tortilla chips, jalapenos, sour cream and pitta bread. Oh, and cheese on top too.


The chips went all soggy and delicious. There was lots of sour cream and cheese and the jalapenos were those lovely briny pickled ones that are more vinegary than spicy. And the chili was really sweet, but in a good way, and was salty and spicy too. Mmmm.

Of course, I had to get a milkshake! They had a caramel flavour which seemed ridiculously exciting at the time:


Ooooh, it was good. If you're from Windermere, I can assure you it wasn't as good as Renoir's raspberry, (I don't think any will ever be.) but it was super good. I love anything that tastes like burnt sugar, though, so I'm not the most unbiased subject. Ooooh, I want another one now.

On a scale of one to yummy? P'raps a 14. I'd like to go back to try their jacket spuds and such, but it is just a café. But a café with good milkshakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment