Friday 7 January 2011

The usual, please

My usual standby when I'm at home (as opposed to uni) is stir-fried cabbage - there's always a wrinkly one loitering around in the pantry. (Nobody else in my family eats cabbage, so it's not surprising, really. What is surprising is that my mum keeps buying them, even though I've left home.)


My camera is new and I'm slowly getting used to actually having one of my own, so I apologise for the rubbishness of the pictures.


I stir-fried some plain white crinkly cabbage with some garlic and tiny bird's eye chilli and spring onion, and ate it, just with some plain boiled noodles . I say ate, I'm still ploughing my way through. I can never cook the right amount of cabbage. It's nice and salty, and there's plenty of mirin on the noodles. It's alright, if maybe not spicy enough, but as I said, it's a bit boring. Hopefully, next time will be better, and I'll remember to cook less cabbage. Maybe I should start weighing it out? But then again, weighing cabbage seems a bit too much like the next stair to OCD. I should probably avoid that wherever possible...


So, on a scale of one to yummy, about a three. I may just give it to a hungry sibling and make some cheese on toast.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emily,
    Your photography skillage is not as lacking as you seem to think. Indeed I think you managed to make that plate of brown look rather appetising indeed!
    Regards,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete