Thursday 13 January 2011

Cocktails of a different sort...

...Of drugs, to be precise.  To keep my three readers up to date (I know you all already know, but just in case someone who isn't my mum stumbles across this by accident...) - I have tonsilitis. Here's what I've been living on:


Tasty. Just a close up of that neon glowing orange gunge:



See that? 'Orange flavour'? Not true. They should really save money and just not bother. It made me gag. Today, I am swapping to the pills.

I can't wait to start cooking properly and eating nice food again. At the moment I'm subsisting on the sort of 'convalescent' food that I come across in all my 1920s cookbooks - poached fish and bread-and-butter. Nice - but dull. I long for pizza and anchovies. I'll start up again when I have something to write about.

So! On a scale of one to yummy? Approximately a -4.

3 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who, on reading this, had Marry Poppins singing her 'Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down' song and dancing around in her head...fine, just me then.

    By the way, enjoying all three entries of your blog Flansta -- feels like my very own 'Julie and Julia' affair!
    Lobe you bestest chum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tonsilitis once 'cause I went on a road trip and drank too much beer every night for three weeks straight. But I only had to take an antibiotic. I could not have handled orange-flavored (or flavoured) stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey. I don't think I can boast such an impressive reason for catching the darned thing. I must have caught it off my brother. You'll be pleased to know though, I'm sure, that I managed to get pills rather than 'orange' goo today. Yay.

    ReplyDelete