Thursday 27 January 2011

Sea Bass and Peppers

So today I was so impressed by my chorizo pasta sauce that I decided to take it up a notch. It's a bit of a late post because yesterday there was a party in the kitchen and I couldn't get in to get my tea. Oh, I'm such a party animal. I had ginger nuts for tea. See what I mean?  Anyhow, I had some sea bass in the freezer that needed eating and I thought it would taste nice with the fish.

I fried some bits of chorizo in my lovely le Creuset and added an onion and a red pepper. I fried it down until it was all lovely and mushy.


Then I added some of these. They're really cheap, keep for ages in the fridge and taste a heck of a lot better than any bottled tomato sauce or even just plain tinned tomatoes I've ever tasted.


Mmm. Anyhoo, I boiled it down and added some dried chilli and tons of parsley. I grated the grinder I mentioned in my last post over the sea bass - this is for Justin, the biggest lover of chipotle I've ever come across:




Anyway to cut a long story (well, not very long) short, I fried the fish and served it up - to myself - with some pasta and the sauce and some lemony salad.

I have to admit I stole someone's plate because it was much prettier than any of mine. And I wanted to make it look posh.






Darn, it was good. Enough said.

And the best thing was, I only had to buy the pepper because everything else was just lying around in the fridge/freezer/cupboard. So the poshest meal I've had this week cost maybe 45p. Lovely.

So on a scale of one to yummy, maybe a 17? Ooooh, scrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment