Tuesday 8 March 2011

Panino.

Yes, that is the correct singular form of panini. Yes, I am a pedant. No, I am not a member of Pedants Anonymous. I am not anonymous.

I had dancing last night, and the mistake I always make is to forget about dancing and eat a massive tea, leaving me lumbering round the dance floor like an elephant with wind. So last night I cunningly planned to have a light tea. When we were at Morrison's (Oh heavenly Morrison's!) they had panini on sale, so I bought one.




The instructions were to microwave it - it has a special 'crisping sleeve'. Apparently. I dutifully followed the instructions, and out it came. I was seriously disappointed by the lack of cheese, especially since most of it had fallen out. But I squidged it back in and squirted over the 'pesto' sauce, which tasted mostly of dried oregano but was still tasty. And the chicken was seriously moist. It was really, really good. I think I'd definitely have one again, especially if they're on sale. And I was light on my feet at dancing!

On a scale of one to yummy? A 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment