Monday 14 February 2011

The food of a Very Long Weekend

Okay, so in terms of a long weekend,Wednesday to Sunday could be called an extravagance. But who cares? It's my blog, man, and ain't no-one gonna mess with that. Or something.

Anyhow! Tea fron Tuesday:


Squid pasta! I had some frozen squid that I cooked with some parsley, basil, tomatoes, chilli and lots of garlic. It was fairly delicious but it would have been nicer if I had any white wine left.

I went back to Ketchup on Wednesday with my friends to sample another delicious burger. I had the Peppercorn Burger, which has 'Sizzling, hickory-smoked bacon, melted pepper-jack cheese and peppercorn sauce with cispy onion straws and tomatoes.'


It was quite nice - the pepper-jack cheese was an absolute revelation. It was delicious. The burger was a bit on the small and dry side compared to last time, but it was still good. The peppercorn sauce was quite yummy. But anyway, I don't think I'll have it again - not when there's 12 burgers I haven't tried and plenty of other options. I managed to persuade Emily and Louise to get pudding...


Mmmm, ice-cream sundae. It was good if a bit generic. But very very pretty.

Anyway, then I went home for yet another visit. But this time I had a reason - I had to go the dentist. Yuk. But at least I got to have a pre-dentist breakfast:



Mmmm, so good. I love McDonalds breakfasts. They're one of my many weaknesses.




I was a bit stuvk for what to eat when I got back, seeing as the fridge was practically empty. But they had a special offer on at M&S - get a pack of stir-fry vegetables, a pack of cooked noodles, and a sachet of stir-fry sauce for £3.50 (which isn't bad for two people). I don't usually like those sauces, but this one was M&S and it seemed like it was worth a go. I only used half the packet, and I threw in some frozen prawns too. It was really quite nice and I froze the rest of the sauce for another time.

Also at M&S was a reduced pie - oooh, lavvly.


It was meant to serve three but we shared it between the two of us.... We had it with green beans and gravy.  It looks a bit thin and short on filling in the picture but it was SO good.  There was loads of sauce and chicken which was super moist. Mmmm. Sadly my camera had a bit of a funny turn so the only good pictures are wierdly yellow, and the only not yellow picture is rubbish. But here it is anyway.


So it was a very good weekend. I ate some more things too (Obviously.) but they deserve their own posts. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment