Tuesday 25 January 2011

Chorizo and chipotle...

Okay so I really have no time at all today - I'm already late for orchestra - but yesterday I made the best pasta sauce ever, and I feel the need to share it. I bought this tiny cute little pan, and it's perfect for making a portion of sauce for one:



Isn't it cute? Anyhow, I diced a piece of chorizo ('bout 3cm), fried it a bit in some garlic oil, added some of Tesco's chopped tomatoes with garlic, grated (ground? grinded?) in some of the spice mill my mum got me for Christmas - it's salt, smoked paprika and chipotle - and ate it with some fresh tagliatelle. Oh, and I added some fresh parsley at the end too.


I really don't have time to do it justice. It was amazing. Salty, smoky, spicy, garlicky -just fab.

So, on a scale of one to God I'm late for orchestra  yummy, about an 18. It was so good I'm going to have it again tonight and possibly tomorrow. YUM.

Update: I was so late I just had a cheese sandwich. Sob.

2 comments: